|Conferences and Proceedings
2019 S.I.E. Conference
The 9th European Conference of Iranian Studies will be held in 2019 in Berlin, Germany, at Freie Universität Berlin
Current S.I.E. Midterm Conferences (2016-2019)
2017 Mid-term conference
The Idea of Iran
23 February 2017, Tehran, Center for the Great Islamic Encyclopaedia.
Conference dedicated to the memory of Gherardo Gnoli (1937 – 2012).
The conference is co-sponsored by ISMEO, the Italian Embassy in Tehran, and the Center for the Great Islamic Encyclopaedia.
more information here
- Past S.I.E. Conferences
- 2015: 8th European Conference of Iranian Studies
The 8th Conference of Iranian Studies of the Societas Iranologica Europaea (SIE) took place in Saint Petersburg, Russia, at the State Hermitage Museum and at the Institute of Oriental Manuscripts from Tuesday September 15th to Saturday September 19th, 2015
- 2011: 7th European Conference of Iranian Studies
The 7th European Conference of Iranian Studies took place in Cracow, September 7-10, 2011. The Conference Proceedings have been published by Anna Krasnowolska and Renata Rusek-Kowalska and can be ordered from Jagiellonian University Press (see below).
- For ECIS1 to ECIS6 (1987-2007) see below "Conference Proceedings"
Past S.I.E. Midterm Conferences
2013: Pre-Islamic past of Middle Asia and Eastern Iran
23-25 October 2013, St. Petersburg, State Hermitage Museum.
Conference dedicated to the memory of Boris Il’ich Marshak (1933 – 2006) and Valentin Germanovich Shkoda (1951 – 2012).
more information here
- 2013: La religion des Achéménides: Confrontation des sources
7-8 November 2013, Paris, Collège de France, Amphithéatre Guillaume Budé.
more information here
2009: Poets, priests and e-librarians: the transmission of Holy Wisdom in Zoroastrianism
2-5 September 2009, Salamanca, Spain
- 2009: How to Write the History of Modern Persian Literature. State-of-the-art Approaches and Perspectives
- 10–12 July 2009, Bamberg, Germany
- 2005: Iranian Identity in the Course of History
21-24 September 2005, Rome, Italy
- SIE Conference Proceedings
- ECIS7 (2011): Studies on the Iranian World. Proceedings of the 7th European Conference of Iranian Studies, held in Cracow, 7–10 September 2011, Anna Krasnowolska/Renata Rusek-Kowalska, eds., Krakow: Jagiellonian University Press 2015. Vol. 1: Before Islam (ISBN 978-83-233-3924-3; Vol. 2: Medieval and Modern (ISBN 978-83-233-3955-7)
- ECIS6 (2007): Ancient and Middle Iranian Studies. Proceedings of the 6th European Conference of Iranian Studies, held in Vienna, 18–22 September 2007, Maria Macuch/Dieter Weber/Desmond Durkin-Meisterernst, eds., Wisebaden: Harrassowitz
- ECIS6 (2007): Mediaeval and Modern Iranian Studies. Proceedings of the 6th European Conference of Iranian Studies, held on 18-22 September 2007 in Vienna, Maria Szuppe, Anna Krasnowolska and Claus V. Pedersen, eds., Paris: Association pour l'Avancement des Etudes Iraniennes, 2011 [Studia Iranica. Cahier 45]. ISSN: 0993-8699 / ISBN: 978-2-910640-31-6 (distributed by Peeters Press)
- ECIS5 (2003): Proceedings of the 5th COnference of the Societas Iranologica Europaea. Held in Ravenna, 6-11 October 2003. Vol. I: Ancient & Middle Iranian Studies, A. Panaino & A. Piras (eds.), Milano: Mimesis, 2006
- ECIS4 (1999): Iran. Questions et connaissances. Actes du IVe Congrès Européen des Études Iraniennes organisé par la Societas Iranologica Europaea. Paris, 6-10 Septembre 1999. Vol. 1, La Période ancienne. Textes réunis par P. Huyse. Paris.2002
- ECIS4 (1999): Iran: Questions et connaissances. Actes du IVe Congrès Européen des études iraniennes organisé par la Societas Iranologica Europaea, Paris, 6-10 septembre 1999, volume 2: Périodes médiévale et moderne, Maria Szuppe (ed.), Cahiers de Studia Iranica, 26, Association pour l'Avancement des Etudes Iraniennes - Editions Peeters, Paris-Louvain, 2002, 524pp. (ISBN: 90-429-1277-4)
- ECIS3 (1995): Proceedings of the Third European Conference of Iranian Studies . Part 1, Old and Middle Iranian Studies . Wiesbaden.1998
- ECIS3 (1995): Proceedings of the Third European Conference of Iranian Studies . Part 2, Medieval and Modern Persian Studies . Wiesbaden.1998
- ECIS2 (1991): Proceedings of the Second European Conference of Iranian Studies . Held in Bamberg, 30th September - 4th October, 1991. B.G. Fragner - C. Fragner - G. Gnoli - R. Haag-Higuchi - M. Maggi and P. Orsatti (eds.). Roma.1995
- ECIS1 (1987): Proceedings of the First European Conference of Iranian Studies . Held in Turin, September 7th-11th, 1987. Part 1, Old and Middle Iranian Studies . G. Gnoli and P. Panaino (eds.). Rome.1990
- Mid-term and other Conferences of the SIE:
The First European Colloquium of Iranology. Rome, June 18th-20th, 1983. G. Gnoli (ed.). Roma, 1985
Recurrent Patterns in Iranian Religions. From Mazdaism to Sufism. Proceedings of the Round Table held in Bamberg (30th September - 4th October 1991). Studia Iranica, Cahier 11. Paris.1992
Religious Texts in Iranian Languages. Symposium held in Copenhagen May 2002, F. Vahman & C. V. Pedersen (eds), Det Kongelige Danske Videnskabernes Selskab, Copenhagen. 2007
Iranian identity in the course of history. Proceedings of the Conference held in Rome, 21-24 September 2005, C. Cereti (ed.), Roma: IsIAO. 2010